For more than a decade we have been the largest producer of organic Scottish salmon.
All our organic salmon is farm-raised exclusively in Orkney at seven Soil Association-certified seawater sites.
We ensure an low stocking density of fish per cage, a specific organic-based feed and clean, fast-moving waters, including East Skelwick, our high-energy seawater site 2.5km off Westray, and Mill Bay, our newest site in Stronsay.
Full traceability ensures that our salmon can be tracked throughout the supply chain. Fish can be individually tagged on request.
We harvest at least twice a week, fish from 2kg to 9kg.
Why is it organic?
- All our organic sites are accredited by the Soil Association, the UK’s largest organic certification body
- With Soil Association audits throughout the fish life-cycle, it is one of the most rigorous of any independent food standard audit process looking at all aspects of organic food manufacturing and production, storage and sales
- Maximum stocking density in seawater pens is 1% fish, 99% water
- Our organic salmon are fed an organic-certified diet using marine ingredients that have been responsibly sourced from sustainably managed fisheries
- Animal welfare is paramount and goes beyond free-range. As well as meeting the Soil Association organic standard, all our organic sites are also accredited by RSPCA Assured, the UK animal welfare standard, This ensures we meet the high standards of animal wellbeing from rearing, feeding to transportation and slaughter
Find out more at www.soilassociation.org